News You May Have Missed
Charlie Harary to Teach at Syms Next Semester
A popular lecturer for Aish Hatorah, the Orthodox Union, and NCSY, Charlie Harary will teach a course in entrepreneurship called "Principles of Success." Said SSB Dean Moses Pava, the course will consider ideas about success in all aspects of life.
Looking Forward to Next Year, From the Student Life Committee
- You'll have many fewer sstuds next year. SCW and YC will begin to use the 25Live event scheduling service, putting all events in one central place. You pick the events you are interested in, and can synch them with your own personal calendar. Time changes and details can all be added directly to the calendar, cutting down on the number of event-related sstuds you'll receive.
- The off-campus dining program will continue next year.
- Le Bistro's menu is being reconsidered for next year. Possible new options include more healthy food, organic food, and fresh food options, as well as grocery items currently available only in the C-stores.
- Next year, the university Human Resources department will have office hours on Beren Campus every other Friday, giving student employees face-time to discuss issues with their campus jobs, including payroll problems.
- Over the summer, wireless internet will be enabled in the student lounge outside the Reference Library. More classrooms in 245 Lexington will become wireless as the budget permits.
- All Hebrew finals in the Fall semester have been moved from Friday to Sunday, so students can study for this Judaic Studies exam over Shabbat.
Rosa's Pizza No Longer Kosher
Rosa's Pizza is changing ownership, and the new owner chose not to keep the restaurant kosher. Effective May 15, 2012, Rosa's is no longer certified by the OU.
Student Council Elections Results
President Adina Minkowitz
Vice President: Shimra Barnett
Recording Secretary: Amanda Esraeilian
Corresponding Secretary: Adena Kleiner
Treasurer: Rebecca Peyser
President: Margot Reinstein
Vice President: Yehudit Goldberg
Vice President: Rivka Herzfeld
Secretary: Atara Clark
Treasurer: Racheli Ramras
New Administration for Syms School of Business
The leadership team that was appointed to SSB last summer was officially promoted in March. Dr. Moses Pava was appointed as Dean of SSB, and Professor Michael Strauss and Dr. Avi Giloni were appointed as Associate Deans. The deans' new positions were announced in an email from Provost Morton Lowengrub on March 13.
Dean of Students Joined The Jed Foundation
Dr. Victor Schwartz, former University Dean of Students, departed Yeshiva in March to become medical director at The Jed Foundation, which works to reduce the prevalence of emotional distress and suicide among college students. Dr. Schwartz has spoken and published widely on mental health and suicide in college students. "This is an area I have really spent the bulk of my professional career working on," said Schwartz. "This opportunity was too good to pass up."
At the Wilf Campus Town Hall Meeting on March 15, President Richard Joel acknowledged Schwartz's seven years of service to the university's students, "keeping all of you well and healthy and able to deal with the great opportunities and great challenges of being your age in a difficult time. He has given us an incredible wealth in our Counseling Center and Disabilities Center, and has helped to build community. Dean Schwartz served as friend and mentor to many of us, was of great help to me and extended great friendship."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Yeshiva University Observer News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST YESHIVA UNIVERSITY OBSERVER NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Five Tips for Making Your Dorm Room Feel Like Home
- Tinder Reveals Top 50 U.S. College Campuses with Most Popular Men and Women
- Little Known Tips to Pay Less at College Bookstores
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE